Employees requesting to attend professional development activity or job-related meetings which are held out of the OKC metro area (50-mile radius) must complete a Professional Development Leave Form. Approval to attend an activity or meeting must be granted by the appropriate administrator. Only expenses directly related to the approved activity or meeting may be claimed for reimbursement.
- Meeting registration will be paid upon submission of actual receipt. Payment of professional dues will not be reimbursed.
- Airline fees (coach or tourist class only) will be paid upon submission of actual receipt.
- Actual costs of lodging will be paid upon submission of actual receipt.
- Use of personal vehicle will be reimbursed at the prevailing IRS mileage reimbursement rate. Local transportation costs, parking, tolls, etc. will be reimbursed upon submission of actual receipts.
- Meals will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed a daily per diem as authorized by Title 74 Sec. 500.8 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
- Reimbursement of meals for partial days will be paid on a quarter day basis as authorized by this Travel Reimbursement Policy.
Note: No employee shall be paid reimbursements for meal expenses incurred within the District. Reimbursement of expenses for in-district travel from the site of employment assignment which is necessary in the performance of employment duties shall be made in accordance with the provisions of this Travel Reimbursement Policy.