Central Middle School placed first in STEM animation and Edmond Santa Fe placed third in coding at the Technology Student Association (TSA) National Conference. Susan James, Edmond Santa Fe, was a stipend award recipient of $1,000. She was one of 30 recognized chapter advisers. Jill Sullins, recently retired Edmond Cheyenne Middle School teacher, was named Chapter Adviser of the Year!
More than 5,000 middle school and high school Technology Student Association members from across the country participated in the virtual 2021 National TSA Conference.
For the 2020-2021 school year, TSA adapted competitive events to accommodate a virtual environment in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Oklahoma TSA had national champions in three events, and 11 students earned first place in team and individual competitions. Eight students placed second in individual and team events, and one team placed third.
Edmond team and individual competitions winners:
• Central MS, 1st Place – STEM Animation MS.
• Neha Guruswamy, Edmond Santa Fe High School, 2nd Place – Data Science & Analytics HS
• Edmond Santa Fe, 3rd Place – Coding HS.
• Addison Hoppers, Top 10 individual winner, Edmond Cimarron Middle School – CAD Foundations.
• Edmond Cheyenne Middle School – Technology Bowl
• Zachary Harvey, Top 1- individual winner, Edmond Cimarron Middle School – CAD Foundations.
In addition to being involved in competitions, conference participants heard presentations from STEM speakers in education and industry, elected the 2021-2022 national TSA officers and learned the names of award and scholarship recipients.