Edmond Schools will be in session with “B” students tomorrow, Friday, February 12. District operations and transportation staff have surveyed the district and school sites. At this time, the current conditions will allow us to have school tomorrow. However, if the weather deteriorates, we will reassess in the morning to ensure we are keeping students and staff safe. We encourage all parents to follow safety measures anytime weather conditions are not ideal.
Cold Weather Bus Stop Precautions:
- Air temperatures in the morning will be around 16 degrees, and wind chill temperatures could be around zero when buses begin picking up the middle school students on the first routes. Later morning routes are likely to be equally as frigid.
- Please make sure your children are dressed as warm and appropriately as possible.
- If you can, you may want to wait at the bus stop with your child in your car.
- If you are concerned about your child being at a bus stop in this weather, tomorrow might be a good day to drive your child to school if you can.
- Afternoon bus routes should be fine as the temperatures are predicted to be in the mid 20”s.
- If at any time you feel conditions are either too unstable or unsafe, you may choose to keep your child at home and notify the school office of your decision.