U.S. News & World Report has once again named all three Edmond High Schools among the top ten in Oklahoma.
The publication’s 2022 Best High Schools rankings, released April 26, include data on more than 24,000 public high schools in 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Of the 401 Oklahoma high schools included in the report, Edmond Memorial ranks No.4 in the state and No. 600 nationally, Edmond North ranks No. 5 in the state and No. 741 nationally and Edmond Santa Fe ranks No.7 in the state and No. 991 nationally.
Graduation rates and college readiness are key metrics within the rankings. Working with RTI International, a nonprofit research firm, U.S. News assessed schools on the following six factors:
- College readiness, based on the proportion of 12th-grade students who took and earned a qualifying score on at least one Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam (30% of ranking).
- State assessment proficiency, based on aggregated scores on state assessments that students may be required to pass for graduation (20%).
- State assessment performance, based on whether performance on state assessments exceeded expectations given the school’s proportion of underserved students (20%).
- Underserved student performance, based on how Black, Hispanic and low-income students performed on state assessments compared with those who are not underserved in the state (10%).
- College curriculum breadth, based on proportions of 12th-grade students who took and earned a qualifying score on AP and/or IB exams in multiple content areas (10%).
- Graduation rate, based on the proportion of students who entered ninth grade in 2016-2017 and graduated four years later (10%).