Teachers and leaders at EPS believe that preparing students to be college & career ready requires strategic learning experiences relative to content standards and post-secondary expectations that include the following:
- Environments that inspire mutual respect among all learners;
- Optimism that equips learners with the tools and attitudes to approach problem-solving with grit, perseverance, & confidence;
- Inquiry that builds on natural curiosity;
- Opportunities to merge content objectives with meaningful application and processes;
- Robust student-centered activities, marked by collaborative conversations;
- Support that honors the natural disequilibrium between the struggle to learn and the celebration of mastery;
- Optimal levels of individual student growth, continuously monitored for understanding;
- Feedback combined with self-assessment that empowers students to set incremental goals toward long-term results;
- Effective communication that demonstrates acquired knowledge and skills.
The state legislature in March of 2016 approved new standards that will go into effect for the 2016-2017 school year. Edmond Public Schools developed a timeline to provide teachers in-depth training about the new standards. The district’s curriculum department is working closely with administrators and teachers to ensure that the content, depth and rigor of the standards prepares students for college and career success.
To keep up-to-date on the development of the new standards click here:
High School Courses: