EPS Will Continue:
- to require anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 to isolate for 5 days, regardless of vaccination status.
EPS Will No Longer:
- conduct contact tracing on a case-by-case basis. Instead, we will conduct outbreak investigations as necessary. The information collected will be used to determine if a class, grade level, or school needs to close temporarily.
- provide individual Covid exposure notifications to families.
- post Covid numbers to the website
- Mask Protocols
What Do I Do If My Student Has Covid?
- Isolation: Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will be required to isolate regardless of vaccination status.
- Quarantines: EPS does not require quarantines. Parents will be notified when their child has been in close contact with a positive case of COVID and they will have the responsibility of whether to quarantine their child or not.
- Exposure: If you believe that your child has been exposed, please refer to this Symptom Guidance (Staff & Students)
- Staying Home When Sick: It is important that you do not send your child to school if they are feeling unwell until you know the cause of their illness. Per district policy, anyone with a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home until 24 hours symptom-free.
If you have a question that cannot be answered by your child’s school site, please email us at Covid19@edmondschools.net. If you believe your child has Covid and you are wondering about the next steps, DO NOT email this account. Contact the Covid Captain at your child’s respective school site.