Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Edmond Public Schools. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible. However, families should be aware that the likelihood of an open transfer being approved is low due to the district’s annual growth in resident student population and classroom capacity.
Edmond makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law.
When seeking a transfer into the district the below information is helpful to know. This information ONLY applies to those students living outside of the EPS boundaries. It is not for students currently living with the EPS boundaries.
- Applying for an open transfer means you are applying to be enrolled in the district, not a specific school. However, school preference will be considered.
- Applications opening on January 1, 2022, are only for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. Access the application HERE. All information on the application must be filled out and hand-delivered to Mark Andrus at the EPS district offices located at 1001 W. Danforth in Edmond. Go to the main entrance and you will be directed to his office. Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will open on July 1, 2022.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Each application is date and time stamped upon submission and will be processed in the order they are received.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- If the grade a family requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list for the school they prefer only. If all schools are at capacity in the grade required, then the student may request to be placed in the next available opening districtwide.
- A student on an Open Transfer is NOT eligible to participate in school-related athletic competitions governed by the OSSAA for one year from the first day of attendance.
- Transportation is NOT provided for students on an Open Transfer.
- Transfer preference is given to children of active-duty military personnel.
- Transfer denials may be appealed by contacting the district at 340-2800.
- Transfers into EPS Choice Schools (Clegern and Russell Dougherty) will follow the same rules as above. If all spots are not filled with in-district students, available spots will be open for out-of-district students. Out-of-district students will not have to enter the lottery process.
Capacity and Building Information
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact Mark Andrus via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.