Oklahoma Academic Standards and Assessments:
April is testing month in Oklahoma. Do you know what subject tests your child(ren) will take and in what grades?
The following links may be helpful as you endeavor to learn more.
For more comprehensive academic standards and assessment information, please visit:
It is important to remember that a student’s strengths, abilities, and potential cannot be measured by a single test score. Each student grows at different rates, both physically and academically. State tests help gauge how your student is growing in the knowledge and skills outlined in the Oklahoma Academic Standards. State test results, when combined with other information (i.e., report card grades, teacher feedback, classroom performance, and local tests), can help you and your local school support your student’s growth.
Your student’s state test results will be available at the end of May in the OSTP Student/Family Portal.
Information provided in the OSTP portal helps you know:
- How your student performed in each key academic area
- Where your student is doing well and where they may need additional support at home and at school
- How your student performed compared to others
If you have not already set up an account, you will need your student’s 10-digit State ID (STN) number and date of birth. If you have last year’s OSTP results or your child’s report card which can be found in the parent portal on Infinite Campus, the 10-digit State ID (STN) can be found in either of these places. It is labeled State ID
If you have questions, please contact your child’s school
Edmond Public Schools makes available tests such as a qualifying test for gifted and talented students, proficiency-based promotion tests and tests that assess students’ interests and career goals.
Proficiency Testing Applications
|Elementary 1-3rd for July||Elementary 4th & 5th for July||Secondary July|
2019-2020 Proficiency Testing Dates
May 24 (Friday)- Spanish (AM) & Grades 4-12
May 28 (Tuesday)- Grades 1-3 & Grades 4-12
May 29 (Wednesday)- Chinese (PM) & Grades 4-12
August 1 (Thursday)- Grades 4-12
August 2 (Friday)- Grades 1-3 & Grades 4-12
August 5 (Monday)- Foreign Language
- Proficiency-Based Promotion awards credit for students’ knowledge in the core curriculum areas.
- The exams may consist of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and essay
- Tests are offered twice per year (usually May and July) – the test dates will be posted in
- Tests are available for students in grades 1-12. Students must be currently enrolled in
Edmond Public Schools.
- Testing in elementary (1-5) is whole grade only. To skip an entire elementary grade, students must take ELA (English Language Arts) and math. A 90% on both tests is required to advance.
- To skip an entire secondary (6-11) grade, students must take ELA (English Language Arts),
math, science, and social studies.
- Secondary students are allowed to test in single subjects as well. ex., math.
- Students must achieve a 90% or above to receive credit. The permanent record will reflect
credit-by-exam; with a letter grade of A. (For secondary students).
- Students are able to take the test twice – once in the early session and once in the late
- Students can only test one level per subject per session – Foreign Language is the only
- Proficiency tests are available for students who have not been enrolled in the course.
- Study guides are not provided. Core standards can be located here.
Please contact Kristi Kargl (405-340-2268) for additional information.