Test monitors needed
Please consider volunteering for state testing by monitoring a test or two for Edmond Schools! If you would like to help the district by monitoring for state testing, you will need to attend one of the following training sessions.
March 15th at 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
March 27th at 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
Edmond Public Schools Administration Building
1001 W. Danforth Road
Edmond, OK 73003
All training will be in the Oklahoma B conference room. Those trained will not need to be trained again at school sites. You do not need to register for the training dates. You will sign in when you arrive.
Thank you for volunteering!
Oklahoma Academic Standards and Assessments (2017-2018)
For comprehensive academic standards and assessment, please visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education website: http://sde.ok.gov/sde/oklahoma-academic-standards.
Edmond Public Schools makes available tests such as a qualifying test for gifted and talented students, proficiency-based promotion tests and tests that assess students’ interests and career goals.
The application deadline has passed for the 18-19 school year – testing is now closed.
- Proficiency-Based Promotion awards credit for students’ knowledge in the core curriculum areas.
- The exams may consist of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and essay
- Tests are offered twice per year (usually May and July) – the test dates will be posted in
- Tests are available for students in grades 1-12. Students must be currently enrolled in
Edmond Public Schools.
- Testing in elementary (1-5) is whole grade only. To skip an entire elementary grade, students must take ELA (English Language Arts) and math. A 90% on both tests is required to advance.
- To skip an entire secondary (6-11) grade, students must take ELA (English Language Arts),
math, science, and social studies.
- Secondary students are allowed to test in single subjects as well. ex., math.
- Students must achieve a 90% or above to receive credit. The permanent record will reflect
credit-by-exam; with a letter grade of A. (For secondary students).
- Students are able to take the test twice – once in the early session and once in the late
- Students can only test one level per subject per session – Foreign Language is the only
- Proficiency tests are available for students who have not been enrolled in the course.
- Study guides are not provided. Core standards can be located here.
Please contact Kristi Kargl (405-340-2268) for additional information.