At this time, Edmond’s secondary schools do not accept in-district transfers. In compliance with policy #4850, certain exceptions exist, including ROTC participants and employee children attending school in their parents’ vertical. Families seeking an exception in any of the listed cases may pursue further information at the district office by calling Laura Morgan at 340-2823. Please review the boundaries as well as the attendance guidelines to learn more about the enrollment exceptions and how they may apply to your family.
ROTC Transfer Exceptions
AFJROTC is only offered at Edmond North High School (ENHS). The Edmond Public Schools Administration Center (EPSAC) must approve transfers for Edmond Public Schools’ rising 9th and 10th-grade students who would normally attend Memorial or Santa Fe High Schools. EPSAC will not consider student transfer requests to ENHS from rising EPS juniors or seniors. EPSAC may consider transfer requests from “new to EPS” students. Students who were enrolled in a JROTC program at another high school are encouraged to apply. Transfer students who choose to disenroll or are disenrolled from AFJROTC will return to their home high school. For questions on the process, call ENHS’ Senior Aerospace Science Instructor at 405-726-7173.
- Transfers between district elementary schools are not allowed outside of the following exceptions:
- The student has a sibling attending another school based on educational need/programming
- The student’s primary residence is under contract to change within 45 days of the start of school
- The student’s educational needs are not available at their home school.
- The student is a child of an EPS employee. The transfer of a student of an EPS employee may be revoked effective when the parent is no longer employed by EPS.
For more information on elementary transfers, please review policy #4850.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Transfers for Children of Employees
Students of EPS employees are allowed to transfer to a school within the vertical in which their parent works. Transfers for children of district employees are required to be completed annually.
Current EPS employees living outside EPS District boundaries who wish to transfer their children into the school district for the 2023-2024 school year may pick up the Inter-District Transfer packet at district headquarters. Employees will have until Friday, February 10 to submit the required information.