Simply put, the federal government helps those students who need it most by supplying funding for a variety of programs.

Title I

Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. The goal of Title I is a high-quality education for every child. These are children who are the furthest from meeting the standards that Oklahoma has set for all children. Title I resources are directed to schools with high percentages of disadvantaged students.

Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy

Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy – Spanish

Parent Right to Know

Parent Right to Know-Spanish

Indian Education

Federal grants fund services and opportunities for more than 130,000 Native American students attending Oklahoma public schools. The program includes:

  • Tutoring
  • Cultural Activities
  • Student Opportunities
  • College and Career Information


Indian Education Program Update

Indian Education Eligibility Form 506

Indian Education Resource Guide

Johnson O’Malley Program Update

Native American Spotlight


Additional Resources and Forms

Online Cultural Learning

Video of Programs

SDE Indian Education Website


Indian Education Program Updates

September 2020 Newsletter

November 2020 Newsletter


College and Career Planning

Upcoming Events Newsletter

Scholarship Resources


Cultural Video Series

Cheyenne and Arapaho I

Cheyenne and Arapaho II

Kiowa I

Kiowa II

Navajo Nation

Otoe-Missouria I

Otoe-Missouria II

Pawnee I

Pawnee II


United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians

For information on the Indian Education Program, please contact the district Indian Education office at 340-2895 or contact director Sydna Yellowfish at at 726-3300 or


McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act is a federal law that ensures immediate enrollment and educational stability for homeless youth. The Act defines homeless children as “individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.” Examples include children living in a motel, shelter, campground, park or on the streets. Children who share housing due to loss of housing or economic hardship also qualify for services.

Edmond Public Schools is required to enroll homeless children immediately even if they lack documents such as immunization records or proof of residence, and provide transportation if it is in the child’s best interest.

Homeless-MV Complaint

Homeless Liaison Duties

Homeless Education Information:

Making a referral

To make a referral of a homeless child, please contact Andrea Wheeler at 340-2919 or

Foster Care

New requirements under Title I of the ESEA, as amended by the ESSA, highlight the need to provide educational stability for children in foster care, with particular emphasis on collaboration between the State Department of Education, the district, and child welfare agencies to ensure that students in foster care have the opportunity to achieve at the same high levels as their peers. These provisions promote greater stability for children in foster care so that they can continue their education without disruption, maintain important relationships with peers and adults, and have the opportunity to achieve college- and career-readiness.

EPS Foster Care Plan


To Report Fraud or mismanagement of Federal Education Progam Funds

To report fraud, waste, abuse, misuse or mismanagement of U.S. Department of Education (ED) program funds (this could include complaints concerning employees, fund recipients, educational institutions, contractors, collection agencies, or lending institutions), please contact the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Education Hotline. stopfraudandpubliccorruptionallschoollevels